Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Great Distinations for Trout Fishing

With spring and summer coming on I thought I would give everyone an opportunity to take a look at some great destinations for some fantastic trout fishing trips. One of the best is the Rose River Farm Farms in Madison Virginia, this place has been featured on Fly Rod Chronicles a number of times, really a nice place to catch some large browns and bows, another great place is Harman’s Cottages in West Virginia you can spend the night in one of the cottages that look out on the North Fork of the South Branch of the Potomac River, this place was featured on the Fly Rod Chronicles show about a week ago. Spruce Creek Outfitters in Pennsylvania is a nice get away, which was featured on Fly Rod Chronicles this past month. The following are all great getaways for the coming months: Anglers Lane, Big Horn River, Fall Creek Falls -- this is where the largest bream on record has been caught in Tennessee; it is a great place to see some outstanding water falls not to mention the hiking expeditions, along with the great bluegill fishing on the fly. The Brigadoon Lodge in Georgia, Davidson River, Ashville Drifters, North Carolina on the Fly, Grizzly Hackle in Montana, this place was featured on Hunt Fish and Cook show last year. When my wife and I go to Montana this is the place we will fish—really a fantastic place to fish and see some beautiful scenery, Callaway Gardens yes this is a great place to fly fish for some monster bream and lots of bass, another place just recently aired on Fly Rod Chronicles is Elk Springs in Virginia and last Southeastern Fly, in fact my son-in-law and I will be fishing with David Perry in late March on the Caney Fork, I am really looking forward to fishing with David and learning more about this great sport I have come to love.

6 comments:

  1. Very funny. My favorite trout stream is ____________, can't wait to hit it again, maybe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having trouble with the links on this post. Are the links showing up as a ______________, on your computer??? At times they show up as a blank on my computer until I move my mouse over the blank area, and then it will appear as the link name I am searching for-----any suggestions????
    Thanks Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one heck of a list there! I can see the names and links. You probably made some tweaks. Love the blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is some great info! I'm sure it took some work to put it all together, I've saved it and hope to visit all of these great places in the future. Thanks!
    Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bill
    My wife will retire in a couple of years and we plan on making Rose River our first trip. They charged 75.00 to 100.00 a day to fish the river below the lodge. Really a nice place. This place had been featured on numerous fly fishing show. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colorado
    A lot of these places are not too expensive to fish. I had much rather go to some of these places than to drive all over the country sight seeing.

    ReplyDelete