Monday, February 27, 2017

Fulfilling a Request

I enjoy looking at outdoor pictures, especially those posted by fellow bloggers. Howard at Windknots and Tangled Lines has shared some great blog images from his recent post. In his response to my comment about the post, he suggested that everyone should do a post like his image post. So I’m going to be the first blogger to fulfill his suggestion. I hope the rest of you guys will submit an “image post” in the coming days as well.
Beautiful rainbow was taken from the crystal clear waters of the Sipsey, I will miss fishing this outstanding tailrace.
Charles and I at our last Troutfest
Kyle was one of my former students, who love to fly fish
Viewing the set of Dances With Wolves out west a couple of summers ago. This western in my opinion was the greatest western ever made; as most of you know I am a HUGE western fan!!
My fishing buddy Ivan; love to watch him make those roll cast under the many overhanging branches on Smith Lake
Our first snow in Spring Hill this year---I've recorded 16 different bird species feeding at my feeders
Blogger David Knapp on the Caney enjoyed my day fishing with David 
Monster bull bluegill was taken last year
Vintage cypress boat, built by my older brothers, one who is no longer with us, but still in memory in this boat
How could I forget Jenny's big catfish
What can I say!!
I still remember this spotted bass
B.T. with one of his best bows from the Caney last year
So many memories from this little pond; located a short distance from our house where my family lived. This little pond is where my brother and I learned to fish catching large bluegill using redworms and grasshoppers for bait. 
Jason home for a short time, a couple of years ago, he loved to fish Smith
The Crystal Mill located in Carbondale west of Denver
Special Grandchildren!!
The bluegill hunter will soon be on the water
Jason and I fishing the Caney a couple of years ago
My older brother who is in bad health now and will never make any more fishing trips--this image was taken from one of many trips I made with him crappie fishing on his home lake in Winona Miss.

Guys I had a lot of fun sorting through hundreds of images from my hard drive to put this post together, brought back a lot of memories



20 comments:

  1. Lots of good times, right there! Hope you and your family are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure enjoyed looking through these photos of yours, Bill. Some great times, great countryside, and, some good friends. Isn't that what fishing is all about anyway? Will be looking forward to read and see how your fishing goes now that you live in Tennessee. Keep us posted.....................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill, beautiful memories, they're forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RD
    Looking back on those images made me realize I have landed a ton of fish over the years and everyone of those bluegill, bass, and trout was a ton of fun. Cathey and I are doing well in Spring Hill. Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel
    I hope to be on the water soon, expecting a lot of rain in the coming days. Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alan
    Images, a great way to transfer memories to future generations---thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great memories. Mine is coming, stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark
    Looking forward to viewing the images--thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just can't put a value on some of the memories a single photo can hold. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may try one of these myself, Bill. Loved taking the little photo trip down memory lane, and I thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How true Ralph--thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  12. Walt
    I was tracing photos back to 2011, forgot I about some of those outings--thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bill, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed your memories. It's so great to see you with your family out enjoying outdoors. Thanks again for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Howard
    Glad to share some of the outings I've had over the years with family and friends; I hope others bloggers will share as well. Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shots! Do you still get the cypress boat in the water?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are some great memories that you've shared, Bill. I really enjoyed this post! I can recall seeing a few of these photo's in their original posts. Nothing like taking a little scroll through memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pen
    I forgot to mention that the boat will denoted to a museum in Greenwood, Mississippi soon. It is still in great condition, and doesn't leak. Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mailey
    Glad you enjoyed the post---thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  19. Justin
    Good to hear from you, glad you enjoyed the images; hope you are settling in to your new home. Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete