Saturday, August 6, 2011

Explosive Takes Fishing With the Fly Rod

If you are into fly fishing for big bull bluegill like me then you need to take a look at some of the segments on this two hour DVD. The DVD is produced by Beckum Outdoors. Some of the segments show the explosive takes the bluegill can produce, and there is also a segment on fly tying which is really interesting. Landing huge crappie with the fly rod is covered as well. I was looking through their website and found this great article on Fly Fishing, after reading this piece it made me realize even more why I fly fish and love it so. What a great gift for all of us guys who know we don’t need anymore fishing tackle--------do you really believe that???  



8 comments:

  1. nothing better than a nice bend in the rod...regardless of species.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael
    I was so impressed with the segments on this DVD, that I decided to order the video. I read the review and all positive. Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just starting to teach my 5 year old son to flyfish and big bluegill is starting to become a priority. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blake
    My only regret is when it comes to fly fishing is I didn't do more of it when I was younger. I think getting your son involved in fly fishing is great,it is something he can do and enjoy the rest of his life. Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's the size of Blue Gill I'm looking for. Just might have to take a ride to the fly shop and pick up a few poppers and give those a try.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark
    Those big bulls are so strong in the early spring on the fly, after they spawn in the spring they loss a little bit of their punch, but still can bend a rod. Congrats again on the birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome video! I think 'gills are way underrated as gamefish. Great fly rod fish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ty
    I am getting this video not only to watch some great fly rod action but to learn some more about the flies and poppers they use here to land all these amazing gills. thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete