Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Love of the Sport

This is my first post here on the blog circuit and I hope to add many more. I have been reading fishing blogs for some time now and have learned a lot about this great sport that I have come to love and enjoy. I can remember the first fish I ever caught with my Dad in our pond below our house. It was this small little bream and I thought I had caught a monster fish and was thrilled just to land it. But at that time a 5-year-old has big visions and large dreams and it certainly made an impression on me. It started a desire in me to fish often and as much as I could between all the chores that my brothers and I had to do every day around our farm. I can still see the pond today which at the time I thought was this gigantic lake but in reality, was no more than a couple of areas.

In the coming weeks, I will be reporting on fishing the tailwaters below Smith Lake in Jasper. The trout should be stocked in the next couple of weeks. This is the only place in the state of Alabama that one can trout fish. The area is stocked every three months with rainbow trout.

No comments:

Post a Comment